A Dear John — Penta Points Post..
December 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
Did you ever consider the extent to which a recently cuppaed, now sole party MP, would reward you for election services rendered..?
- Charter schooling.. know ye not the phenomenal US support this hath received, already? One such Chartered advocate there hath figured it to be less applicable than zero point zero five percent (<0.05%) of all american school attendees. Another cited at the variegated pundit this day hath included Boston’s Pilot schools in order to boost the Charter comparative. Not the same at all. Constituting a somewhat deceitful omission I’d aver.
- For if ever a newer model ‘trial’ in kiwis schooling were to take place then the Pilot would more assuredly sustain National votes. Compared to the Chartered now unavowedly working to diminish them. Advised here, and to your Minister and her people also you understand, out of need to have justice by the majority party seen to be done. Delivered.
- ps: On very good independent adult authority I can tell you that No Child Left Behind sloganeering leftovers from Bush-era politics has proved themselves mostly about conflicting havenots against havenots. AKA, poor whites vs poor coloreds. Else poor blacks v poor hispanics. Doing such to kiwis is a sad bad look, not what a National Coalition wants from their PM.
- Pike coal mine official inquiry. Witness Holden came over tellingly in relating his evidence and expertise on the radio. What he said hammered a point I’d earlier been reading about. Re the herd behavior of unfortunate miners just going along with others rather than question on-the-job conditions to the point of whether they ought be there at all. Wasn’t management and supervision, not to mention lousy mine design, a sad bad set-up!
- Left to themselves beneficiaries can just as sadly and badly bash themselves! One might have occasionally admired the woman for taking leadership positions – (trampled by horses in Melbourne springs to mind) but in the matter of beneficiaries’ mispending I’d have to disagree with Mz Bradford. Individual freedoms one thing, responsible beneficiaries and taxpayers’ dough another. Saying, as I would face-to-face, how these people are better off not smoking, not boozing, not using, not wasting, and not abusing themselves and dependents’ subsistence. If it takes well-run supervision to have them realise this better off then so be it.
- Voluntarists’ in social responsibility roles. It’s worth pointing out to you how at big committee meets of such orgs at the end of National’s long haul in govt (1998/9 ?) the folks told of their frustrations, and exhaustion. Of being put upon, of not finding the jobs they’d been told would arise with/from their efforts.. in a phrase SOLD SHORT. You can rely, Dear John, upon the fact of their – even tho some of them have reached the “dying band” – rapid recognition of repeats. Get the message—of course you do!
- Now for a nice po$itive note. September last it was, and didna the cannae Scot bring in sweet rates to the Telebond. Just when everyone was up to speed on quarterly profits reporting and other corporate krunchies-for-kiwis along came the Wiz-into-bonds before S&P arrived in bear feet. At which point, and knowing he was outward bound, the split details came out. Chorus darn near 2/3 of the debt, New Telecom 1/3. Biggish figures, and, remarkably close to the SFO’s reported heap on South Canterbury. Sadly, both negative… and badly, way south. Else offsets could.. arguably.. have been arranged, wot!
Well, there’s my penta-worth. Here’s hoping things pick up. Rather as the sharp shift to New Iberia is eliminating the shock and awe of Katrina with its residual sludge and slime in forever-gone Nawlins’.
With respects to Bill, and Nick, and Tony and minister Joyce and Dunne – the good one.
I’m outta here.